Group Lead Coach Final Assembly, Second Shift, manufacturing
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is
what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of
infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in
the United States. Automation's impact on the railway industry is
second only to the effects of digitalization. Combine them and the
results are transformative! We work at the leading edge of this
movement, applying our proven expertise in digitalization to rail
infrastructure and automation.
Our innovative solutions deliver greater safety, punctuality,
reliability, and sustainability across the line, all while reducing
costs for mass transit and freight transportation systems. We are
continuously developing new answers for rail automation - often to
questions that haven't been asked yet.
As the Group Lead for Coach-Final Assembly, your primary
responsibility is to ensure the efficient and high-quality assembly
of Coach's in the final stages of production. This pivotal role
involves overseeing a dedicated team, coordinating assembly
processes, and maintaining quality standards. Your leadership is
instrumental in achieving production targets, adhering to safety
protocols, and encouraging a collaborative work environment.
What your day will look like:
- Defining key production work steps, sequences, and durations
and setting up work scope per station or per cell basis.
- Preparing Standardized work instructions
- Promote a positive environment that motivates the team.
- Evaluate employees' performance and provide proper
--- Coordinating work schedules in coordination with operational
- Report shortages and production issues to Production Manager in
a timely manner.
- Implementing manufacturing improvements, complex process
changes, and technology changes
- Providing critical process control guidance to production,
maintenance, and quality control to improve the dimensional
accuracy and overall quality of our products.
- Ensuring all safety measures are followed.
- Report incidents within the 24-hour timeframe.
What we are looking for:
- 2 years of experience in Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience leading a diverse team in a production
- A history of "hands-on" approach to problem-solving and
countermeasure implementation within own areas of
- Experience in MS Office applications.
We would be impressed if you had :
- 3 + years of experience planning and supporting launch of new
production lines in a low-speed production environment (e.g. rail,
aviation/aerospace, naval, heavy equipment, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical
Engineering (Or Equivalent Experience)
- Work experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail,
heavy rail, or related production, is needed.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar MRP / ERP systems is highly
- Practical experience in Customer Service / Maintenance / After
Market businesses and technologies within the rail industry.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
--- 11 paid holidays, 18 days of PTO
--- 401K - 6% company match!
--- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
--- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
--- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, pioneering
--- Competitive total rewards package.
--- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to
employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
The hourly range for this position is $22.29- $29.92 The role is
eligible for overtime and shift differential pay for certain work
schedules. The salary may be higher or lower depending on your
experience and skills.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work
- We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously
improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
- We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings:
We encourage programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which
will result in positive results for the world.
- We value our people, and we support their growth and
development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we
support their development by finding their level of potential
development through problem-solving and in collaboration with
- We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow
through on our commitments with honesty and integrity.
- We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving
customers who are serving communities of people.
- We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions
based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities
we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable
- We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both
for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance
of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring
every individual story and unique path.
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing
facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock
Division is the North American market leader in the production of
passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles.
See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Arden-Arcade , Group Lead Coach Final Assembly, Second Shift, manufacturing, Other , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!